See the individual recordings article for more information about the individual replay tools and how to use them.
To replay individual eye/gaze and mouse recordings, first open the study from your homepage, the studies/index page. Then select the “Recordings” tab.
Successful views also have a green ‘Play’ button on the right side. Click one of these buttons to replay an individual viewing.
When the player has launched full-screen, you will see the ‘collapsed’ toolkit. Click the ‘v’ button to expand it. Here’s the full set of tools:
Note that you can click the ‘^’ button to collapse the toolkit again. Here’s what the tools all mean:
Replay Time Controls
You can use the play/pause, rewind, and fast-forward controls to change the time point within the current viewing. The time is shown at the top-left part of the control (e.g. 9 seconds into the viewing in the view above).
Drag or click the time slider control to reach a specific time point.
Click the ‘x’ icon to exit the replay viewer.
- Current recording: You can change to another individual viewing without exiting the player. Select the view here.
- Date / Accuracy / Screen: These details of the current viewing are repeated here.
- Tags: You can tag views from within the player. Just type the tags in here.
- Heatmap: Change the style of the heatmap effect you see. You can also turn it off completely.
- Gaze track: Change the style of the gaze track (red), or turn it off.
- Mouse track: Change the style of the gaze track (blue), or turn it off.
- Speed: Change replay speed. You can replay much faster or slower than the real viewing if you like.
- Auto scroll: By default, we replay the viewer’s scroll actions, so you see what they saw. This can be annoying if you’re focusing on one part of the screen, so you can turn it off.