For study creators:
For most users of EyesDecide, you can use pretty much any computer. Some of the data visualization tools are graphically intensive and optimized for larger screens, so we recommend not using mobile phones for most features.
For viewing participants, the requirements are slightly stricter:
- Any modern desktop or laptop x86 compatible computer
- Any operating system (Apple OSX, Microsoft Windows, or Linux)
- The Google Chrome Web Browser
- Any webcam with 640×480 pixels or better, compatible with Google Chrome browser
- Intel i5 or equivalent CPU
- As above, plus:
- Intel i5, i7 or equivalent CPU @ 1.8GHz or better
- 8GB RAM
By far the most important criteria for webcam eye tracking is a well lit environment.
For viewers, we recommend screens approximately 12″ to 24″ in size. Note that studies should use media that has pixel resolutions appropriate for your viewers’ computers. Do not use very large or very small images. Note that images are viewed at 100% size and viewers can scroll (e.g. to simulate a long-form webpage).